Skip to main content

By whom you are kicked up ?


 By whom you are kicked up ?


🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

There is a very nice verse quoted from Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu:

kamadinaṁ kati na katidha palita durnidesas
teṣaṁ jata mayi na karuṇa na trapa nopasantiḥ;
utsrjyaitan atha yadu-pate samprataṁ labdha-buddhis
tvam ayataḥ; saraṇam abhayaṁ maṁ niyuṅkṣvatma-dasye

A devotee is praying to the Lord that "My dear Lord, I have experienced that I came to enjoy this material world, but actually I am being kicked up." "By whom you are kicked up?" Kamadinam. Kama, krodha, lobha. There are six good friends. We have accepted them as good friends, but they are not good friends. What are they? The lust and the anger and the avarice and greediness. So many things. So to serve the material world... To enjoy the material world, not serve. We don't wish to serve; we want to enjoy. But actually we become servants of all these principles, kama, krodha, lobha, bhaya. We are servant of fearfulness, we are servant of malice, we are servant of lust, we are servant of anger, although we are thinking that "I am master." So one who has come to the senses that "I am acting here as servant... I'm servant of my society, I am servant of my family, I am servant of my senses, I am servant of my..." So many things I have created. Up to death I am servant of dog, I'm servant of cat, and so many things I have become servant. But I am thinking, "I am master." This is called maya. So one who comes to the senses, he can understand that "I am not master; I am servant because I am constitutionally servant. I am subservient to the Supreme. I am expansion of Krṣṇa." Why? Because Krṣṇa meant that there would be so many expansions and "They would like to love Me, and I'll be enjoyer." Anandamayo 'bhyasat (Vedanta-sutra 1.1.12). Suppose I keep some friends. Suppose I create some disciples. What is the idea? The idea is that we shall enjoy reciprocally. My disciples and we shall talk about Krṣṇa, and we shall eat together and we shall chant together. This is the idea. Now if some of the disciples become overrule, then it becomes a very precarious condition for me. Similarly, God expanded Himself as the living entities for enjoyment, reciprocal, not that God's own enjoyment. When there is question of enjoyment, all the parties who participate in a particular type of enjoyment, they enjoy. So the perfection of enjoyment—when God desired that "I should expand Myself so that I can enjoy." So His enjoyment is not deficient, but if we want not to enjoy with God but we want to enjoy in a different way, that is my misfortune.

Sila Prabhupada / Lecture Caitanya charitamrita Madhya-lila 2.22.14-15 / The Process of Devotional Service 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yogini Ekadasi

  Yudhisthira Maharaj said, "Oh Supreme Lord, I have heard the glories of the Nirjala Ekadasi, which occurs during the light fortnight of the month of Jyeshtha (May - June).  Now I wish to hear from You about the suddha Ekadasi that occurs during the dark fortnight of the month of Ashadha (June - July).  Kindly describe to me all about it in detail, Oh killer of the Madhu demon (Madhusudana)." The Supreme Lord, Sri Krishna, then replied, "Oh king, I shall indeed tell you about the best of all fasting days, the Ekadasi that comes during the dark part of the month of Ashadha. Famous as Yogini Ekadasi, it removes all kinds of sinful reactions and awards supreme liberation. "Oh best of kings, this Ekadasi delivers people who are drowning in the vast ocean of material existence and transports them to the shore of the spiritual world. In all the three worlds, it is the chief of all sacred fasting days. I shall now reveal this truth to you by narrating a history recounted ...

“From Hell to Vaikuntha – The glory of "Rama Nama"

Janaka Maharaja's Visit to Hell Janaka Maharaja is the father of Sita and a great devotee of Lord Ramachandra. It is described in Śrīmad Bhagavatam (6.3.20) that he is one of the twelve great authorities on religious principles in this universe. The following story from Padma Purāņa (pātālakhanda 18.31-77) of how Janaka Maharaja once visited hell illustrates the supreme potency of the holy name and the association with saintly persons. Lord Ananta Sesa once narrated a wonderful account of how King Janaka visited the abode of Yamaraja. After a long life, Janaka Maharaja gave up his body through the process of yoga. A divine airplane decorated with many bells descended and Janaka Maharaja boarded it. On the way the air-plane came near to the abode of Yamaraja, the lord of death. There, sinners were suffering pun-ishment in millions of hells. When the wind that had touched the body of Janaka came to them they felt great joy and their misery disappeared. Then those persons, oppressed b...

Sri Mukunda Datta

Sri Mukunda Datta was born in the Cattagrama district, in the village of Chanhara, which is under the jurisdiction of the police station named Patiya. This village is situated ten krosas, or about twenty miles, from the home of Pundarika Vidyanidhi. In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (140) it is said: vraje sthitau gayakau yau madhukantha-madhuvratau mukunda-vasudevau tau dattau gauranga-gayakau “In Vraja there were two very nice singers named Madhukantha and Madhuvrata. They appeared in caitanya-lila as Mukunda and Vasudeva Datta, who were singers in the society of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu.” When Lord Caitanya was a student, Mukunda Datta was His class friend, and they frequently engaged in logical arguments. Sometimes Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu would fight with Mukunda Datta, using tricks of logic. This is described in the Caitanya-bhagavata, Adi-lila, Chapters Eleven and Twelve. When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned from Gaya, Mukunda Datta gave Him pleasure by reciting verses from Srimad...